The co-expressing genes with each APOBEC3 gene are annotated, and the functional barcodes are shown for the selected cohort. Select the gene-set category to plot using the drop-down menu.
We compared co-expression data in cancer/tissue types affected by APOBEC3 mutagenesis with those not affected, and extracted genes which show significant differences in the correlations. There were also subjected to functional barcoding.
Top: Scatterplot of the difference in median (DM):DM = median(APOBEC-enriched cancer/tissue types) - median(others)
- APOBEC3-enriched cancer types are: BRCA, LUAD, LUSC, BLCA, CESC and HNSC (Roberts et al Nature Genetics , 2013). In this plot, one dot represent one gene. As shown the genes were ranked by this DM measure.
Below: functional barcodes. Each row represents one gene-set category:
- Innate: Innate immunity (Angelova et al Genome Biol , 2015)
- Adaptive: Adaptive immunity (Angelova et al Genome Biol , 2015)
- CC: Cell cycle (Fischer et al Nucleic Acids Res , 2016)
- DDR: DNA Damage Response (Pearl et al Nat Rev Cancer , 2015)
- LysAc: Lysine acetylation (Choudhary et al Science , 2009)
- SUMO: SUMOylation (Hendriks et al Nat Struct Mol Biol , 2014)